Well folks, here we are again. The second half awaits, and we’re out of the playoff race. We don’t seem to be active in any sort of trade talks. We’re not willing to promote our young guys. Blah, blah, blah……same old song, another verse.
That being said – we may just need to entertain ourselves. I propose a “Bold Second Half Prediction” thread. It was sort of fun to look back on the prediction thread we had during Spring Training.
No real rules here – in fact – think out of the box if desired, and also don’t limit yourself solely to the Rockies. Here are my Second Half Predictions – in no particular order:
1. Cargo is traded to the LAA and has a fantastic August and September. The Angels win the AL pennant and Cargo has a solid World Series in a losing effort.
2. Rox management concocts excuses to hold Jon Gray in the minors the entire season (when it’s really just about the money). We won’t see him in Denver until late May, 2016.
3. The Rox hold onto Nick Hundley – citing his positive presence in the Clubhouse. His 2016 slash line will resemble his 2012-2014 slash lines instead of this season’s.
4. The 2015 NL Playoff will be a thing to behold. Nats/Dodgers/Cards/Pirates/Giants will wage war in a fantastic post season.
5. The Reds will “school” the Rox at the trade deadline. They’ll parlay Cueto, Leake, Bruce, and Chapman into 8-10 players that will keep them well ahead of the Rockies for years to come.
6. The Rockies will stubbornly attempt to bring back Tyler Chatwood as a starter instead of a reliever. Unfortunately, he’ll go the route of Cory Luebke and Chad Billingsley.
7. Tyler Matzak will never see a major league field again (as a player).
8. Dick Monfart will shrewdly turn the left field upper deck bleachers into some sort of fantastic revenue generating machine and laugh all the way to the bank.
9. JDLR will miss time due to an ingrown toenail, causing Ed the Ump to go ballistic.
10. The Rockies front office ineptitude will set us up for the worst record in baseball in 2016.
11. Walt Weiss will resign after the season is complete. Monfart will try to get him to return….to no avail. Tommy Runnels will manage the Rox in 2016.
12. Bill Geivett will continue to be a popular Rockies scapegoat.
13. Finally (it seems appropriate to end with 13) – 2016 will be dominated by Clinton vs. Bush II 1/2 (I’m counting Gore/Bush as 1/2) – and the problems in the Rox Front Office will seem trivial in the bigger scheme of things.