BLAKE: Announced during the Diamondback game today Casey Blake has been unconditionally released. Blake has been struggling with a bad neck and is only hitting .150 with 1 HR and 2 RBI’s this spring…According to a Thomas Harding Tweet, Blake was very gracious about the release:
I understand the decision. I appreciated the opportunity and wish them success.
ROCKPILE TICKETS: The team announced today that there will be changes to the Rockpile purchase procedure:
DENVER – Due to the high demand and to ensure a positive experience for our fans, the Rockies will implement a new procedure for purchasing Rockpile tickets for Opening Day, April 9, 2012.
The Rockies will use the same Ticket Lottery System they have used at Coors Field since 1995. A random drawing will be held to determine the order of lines that will go up to the ticket window for an opportunity to purchase Opening Day Rockpile tickets, based on availability. The drawing will be held at Coors Field on Saturday, April 7th at the Rockpile ticket windows located at Gate A. For fans convenience, Parking Lot A will open at 7:00 a.m.
The Drawing for Opportunity to Purchase Rockpile Tickets
• 7:00 a.m. Saturday April 7th, Parking Lot A opens
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Outside Rockpile Ticket Windows, random numbered wristbands distributed
• 10:00 a.m. Opening Day Rockpile tickets go on sale
• There will be a limit of four tickets per person that can be purchased that day by those selected in the drawing
• Opening Day 2012 Rockpile tickets will be sold only by this ticket lottery system at Coors Field on Saturday April 7th.
Please note: Under this system, there is no advantage to being first in line for a wristband as all fans receiving a wristband will have equal opportunity to be selected from the random drawing.