Tonight’s game was tailor-made for the casual fans, but was very frustrating for the purple seamheads. The Rockies played catch-up most of the night before coming up short 13-10. Highlights and Lowlights:
* Justin Morneau had a five-RBI night with a two-run double and a three-run moonshot that gave the Rockies a short-lived 6-4 lead.
* Corey Dickerson is showing that he can play everyday as evidenced by a second deck home run off a southpaw.
* Nearly all of the strikeouts by the Rox hitters were swinging at pitches five feet out of the zone.
* Pitchers had several two-strike counts and could never finish off the batter as most of the Brew Crew’s big hits came with two strikes.
* Rox wasted their time from the third inning through the fifth inning making Carlos Estrada look like Clayton Kershaw for those three innings.
* Rox pitchers continue to serve up HRs to the bottom third of the opposing lineup.
* Bullpen failed to keep the game close to allow the Rockies to rally from behind.
* Management need to dial up Brent Mayne or find a position player that will be able to throw strikes for at least three innings tomorrow.
*Christian Bergman had a very short outing (three innings) and suddenly the bullpen is very short handed going into the afternoon game Saturday.
* The majority of the walks issued by the Rox scored for the Brewers.
*Friedrich will need a lot of assistance from the baseball gods if he wants to go more than four innings. The only fresh arms are Nick Massett, the Hawk, and Frankie Morales.
* The Rockies’ ship is lost and rudderless at sea taking on a lot of water.