Ok now you just saw the Rockies almost get “no hit” by Kevin Millwood at Coors Field. Just one fan’s opinion (well two if you count Pooter too) however it is time to change some things with the every day but Sunday lineup.
1. EY2 (leading off and playing 2B – defense be damned)
2. Fowler (but he has got OBP at .350 or better to make this work)
3. Cargo (back where he belongs RF and well because he is Cargo)
4. Tulo (you know that he is going to hit soon right)
5. Helton (please play him until the wheels come off)
6. Cuddyer (3B and perfect six hole hitter)
7. Colvin (your new left fielder)
8. Hernandez ((its time for Rosario to learn to hit a breaking pitch)
9. Pomeranz (power every five days anyway)
Outfield defense is excellent and the infield with Tulo and Todd will be fine and more than enough to offset the addtional runs such a lineup will generate with some speed at the top. Oh I almost forgot the players will have to find video tape on the ancient baseball art of bunting.
Sunday lineup TBD or just names out of a hat – who cares?
Speed, small ball and a lot of power – well J Tracy will like the last part anyway and he can always do “his” thing on Sunday right?
Final thought – if you hire someone indefinitely then how do you fire them, oh that’s right Shanahan knows exactly how that indefinite hand shake contract program works.