It was so sickening to watch the Rockies Pitcher Horror Show that I had to calm my frayed nerves before I could write this article. Not much to write home except for the negatives:
- Staked to a 2-0 lead (Deej and CarGo HRs), Butler WALKS the first batter and gave back the lead to the NYM 3-2.
- Butler – 88 pitches in just 4 IP, 6 ER
- Kahnle gives up 3-run shot.
- Five runs in four games, four of them on HRs.
- It can be heard all over Colorado blood curdling screams for pitching help.
- Pitchers don’t have swing-and-miss pitches.
- I don’t want to look up BB/9 stat; it has to be the worst in the majors.
- Pitchers can’t put away innings with two outs; according to DonnyDinger’s research the 2015 Rox have given up 224 two-out runs, worst in the MLB; the team record is 370 in 1999. As DD pointed out, that was in the pre-humidor and PED-tainted era..
Rox coming back home to keep the home record below .500. So it’s time to start following prospects around the Rox organization. Antonio Senzatela continues to dominate the league. Jeff Hoffman had another good game tonight. Thanks to the young men, I have a reason to continue to drink purple Kool Aid and wearing purple colored glasses while riding in sdcarp’s front row seat on the rebuild Rockies bandwagon.