During the current six-game trip to the Midwest which ends today, the trade deadline came and went without any actions. Apparently the Rox front office is afflicted with the incurable Roxbola disease.
- Morneau as DH and Rosario at first base in yesterday’s lineup.
- Cristhian Adames called up for extra innings cup of coffee and optioned instead of Culberson who has the fourth worst +Wrc in franchise history.
- If a backup first baseman was desired, why didn’t they keep Ben Paulsen up or at least call back Kyle Parker?
- CarGo has been so ineffective, yet he continued to bat in the middle of the lineup. An injury to him forced the lineup change which should have happened voluntarily. Is CarGo starting to go Brad Hawpe/Garrett Atkins? Rox not trading CarGo before he becomes worthless is a huge mistake.
- That infamous company line, “we have a core group of players and we will compete next year” explaining the inaction at trade deadline.
- DFA’d Ryan Wheeler who has some value instead of trading him for something in return. (Wheeler snapped up by pennant contending Angels).
The Roxbolas will give the ball to the best Coors Field pitcher in franchise history, Jorge De La Rosa (11-6, 4.20) at Comerica Park today. He will be opposed by Anibal Sanchez (7-5, 3.57) in what is expected to be a Tigers sweep due to a projected bullpen meltdown. The Rockies return to home sour home for a three-game set against the lovable Cubbies in which there will be more Cubs fans than the Roxbola fans. The Cubbies fans will keep Dr. Montbola inside the quarantine counting his money. Then the RWOer trio will drink some Jose Cuervas in a Chase Field trial to cure the Roxbola disease.
Rockies @ Tigers
Sunday 8/3, 11:08 PM MDT at Comerica Park
Radio: COL: KOA 850 DET: 97.1 The Ticket
TV: COL: ROOT SPORTS DET: FS-D