Okay, we know they have had some bad early season struggles, especially on the pitching mound, which took a quality bullpen and chewed it up. But even when they have gotten good pitching they have really struggled offensively. They can get homeruns but getting 3 hits and a walk, or 4 hits in an inning? It just isn’t happening. And so this team is both struggling and boring. So a poll for today:
Who/What is the Reason for the Early Season Offensive Struggles
- Tulo – he has been hitting like a 35 year old Cal Ripken and even had period of bad defense. Without Tulo being special, this team isn’t special.
- CarGo – it wasn’t just that he was bad for a month, he was far worse than bad for a while most of this season, and CarGo is a bigger aspect of this offense than we might remember.
- Morneau – With someone who usually fills the 4 or 5 spot, his return to below normal production is a bad thing. Maybe the concussion issues are back.
- Dickerson – his foot went pop and his production went pop as well.
- Bench – whether it is Stubbs and the K machine or Ynoa’s early season issues or Descalso hitting sub .200…oh, you get the picture.
- Starting pitching – getting behind 5-0 means you have to push offensively. And they have had to push a lot lately.
- The strange desire to strikeout and now walk. Who does that?
- Some other issue that I cannot see…
- All of the above. For the love of all that is good, all of the above.